Monday, March 1, 2010

Week 4, Day 2 - Lounging Around

Week 4, Day 2 Outfit: Red Columbia Fleece, "Little Miss Lucky" t-shirt from Urban Outfitters, Target Yoga Pants
Ahhhh, I love Monday work-from-home days. Not only do they make breaking into the week more bearable, they also give me the opportunity to wear comfy clothes and lounge about. When I'm at home on Monday's, I usually end the day with my favorite yoga class at Essence (our local yoga/spinning/pilates studio) with Mike. Mike is a bit of a snob when it comes to yoga instructors as he is only willing to take yoga instructions from the owner of the studio. I, on the other hand, am somewhat of a yoga addict, jumping at any opportunity I can to be stretched and end up in "corpse pose," a pose that I used to find the least bearable of all because it required relaxing and trying to clear my mind of thoughts. Of late, however, I'm finding corpse pose somewhat enjoyable, and have found myself drifting off to sleep a time or two (this behavior, by the way, is very characteristic of my husband and is usually paired with sound effects--snoring).
My legs feel like huge tree trunks after 2 days of back-to-back running outside. Though I dread the run, having sun outside and temperatures above 30 degrees is reward enough for forcing myself out onto the streets, pounding pavement to the energizing beat of Katy Perry's "Hot and Cold." Other favorites include the classic "Sexy Back" and "Yeah!" by usher. Yes, it is acceptable to listen to age inappropriate music when you are wearing headphones and no one else is aware of what is reverberating between your ears. Much of the music I have latched onto comes from my spinning classes. Speaking of which, I must have been somehow brainwashed during my 6A yoga class from last Friday, because something compelled me to sign up for the 6A cycle class tomorrow. Maybe it's the fact that we're starting to get more sunlight? Who knows...but there is something exhilirating about getting a workout in before most people wake up. Back at UC San Diego, I remember seeing our college crew team wearing t-shirts saying "We get more done before 5A than you get done all day." Hmmm...kind of a nice thing to aspire to being able to say...note the emphasis on the word "aspire!"

No comments:

Post a Comment