Saturday, February 20, 2010

Week 2, Day 7 - Sweater = Outwear


Week 2, Day 7 Outfit: Loft Cardigan, Loft short sleeve white button-down, BR Trouser Jeans, and...(the new rage), pink fuzzy thong slippers (though very unfunctional when there is snow on the ground). (Note: in case I look like I just woke up from a nap, it's because I did. I forced Mike to take at least 3 pictures before I felt that one was presentable enough to post as today's picture).
Ahhh, it's so nice to not be in business clothes, but at the same time, less comfortable. Jeans are often tighter and more constricting than the dresses and skirts that I can wear to work. Or, this could be the result of back-to-back days of eating sodium rich foods, paired with the alcohol equivalent of a 1/2 bottle of wine at each sitting, and the sweets craving that has somehow made it's way back into my habitual thinking this week. The grossness (yes, that's a technical term) that I've been feeling these past couple of days has prompted me to buy and read the book Skinny Bitch, which I am about 3/4 of the way through. Though I don't plan on becoming a Vegan, there are definitely good reasons for me to cut down on meat (can we say, "ew" to the descriptions of animal treatment at the factory farms) and refined carbs consumption. I have already been on a more natural food kick since reading In Defense of Food this past summer, but felt like I needed another jolt as my terrible eating habits were quite pronounced this past week - and manifested themselves in the ever-unpopular "muffin top" that I am feeling from jeans that have become too tight.
Speaking of diets, my first reward for being on this no new clothes diet was the purchase of a new camera today. I remarked to Mike that what I wouldn't have thought twice about in the form of a clothing purchase, I was much more cognizant of this morning as I swiped my card at Best Buy. Funny how easy it is to spend a couple hundred dollars on clothes with not even a blink of an eye, but with a visceral reaction to such an expenditure on another purchase which will be enjoyed and used for quite some time, and will not end up in the back of my closet. Strange!
So, with the week's worth of packing almost coming to an end, I have decided to recycle my purple sweater and wear it over the short-sleeved shirt I had packed for the weekend. I'm not sure if I had delusions of spring coming upon us over the course of 5 days, or just figured that my blog followers would forgive me for re-using an article of clothing when constrained to the small dimensions of my suitcase. Please forgive me!

No comments:

Post a Comment