Thursday, February 18, 2010

Week 2, Day 5 - De-"feet"ed



Week 2, Day 5 Outfit: Banana Republic (yes, what else, right?) turquoise short-sleeve button down, Banana Republic black slacks, Ann Taylor Loft purple long cardigan, (this season's favorite) black Calvin Klein black ankle boots.

So today's ensemble was dictated by the sore edges of my feet from wearing pointy-toed heeled boots yesterday while standing for about 3 hours as I was delivering training. Given that my feet needed a change from yesterday's boots, my original plan to wear a skirt was quickly thwarted (as I'd need boots to keep my legs protected against the Chicago wind). I instead decided to wear the outfit above with what has become my season's favorite item (the Calvin Klein ankle boots) ...relatively comfortable and fashionable.

Tomorrow marks the last day of my 5-day back-to-back business casual pageant and I can finally return to normal wear on Saturday and Sunday. I go back to the office on Monday, however, but am no longer living out of my suitcase, so it will be nice to be able to pick from more than just a few staple items that I haphazardly packed.

I sent out an email to a group of girlfriends with the url to this site (as many of you readers know, being those exact people I sent the link to). Thanks for all the support ladies. I apologize for the technical restrictions on you being notified of new posts, post a response yourself, and having to register with this site in order to read these blogs. It's the support and encouragement that I receive from all of you that keeps me going...though I have gone for 1.5 weeks before without buying clothes...so this will count even more as I start to round 2 or 3 months!

Ugh...I feel like all I've been eating this week is overly buttered, overly salted food...paired with a couple of glasses of wine each day. It tastes good and is delectable, but I pay for it as I try to button my pants or zip up my skirt every morning! I've tried combating this terrible eating with a morning workout each day (I'm awaking at 5ish each morning being on Central time out here) but 30 minutes on the treadmill does nothing against a Doubletree hotel chocolate chip cookie, which I've managed to eat within the time that it has taken me to write this blog. I'm definitely looking forward to getting back into my normal life next week and actually being at home for a few days at a time. I also look forward to dumping the contents of my suitcase into the bin that I have labeled "WORN" outside of my closet and continue to see the hangers becoming freed from my years and years of frivolous clothing purchases!

No comments:

Post a Comment