Monday, June 28, 2010

Week 21, Days 1 & 2: Sweltering Heat!




Week 21, Day 1 Outfit: Ann Taylor Red sleeveless tank, Zara Denim Skirt, Ann Taylor Loft black wedge flip flops




Week 21, Day 2 Outfit: Loungewear: BR maroon cap-sleeved tee, David and Goliath shorts




It was a hot one yesterday - registering 95 degrees with a high level of humidity (not exactly sure what the heat index was). Mike and I had been wanting to buy another painting for our living area from an artist that was showcasing her work at the Toledo Art Fair, so we began our day walking around the fair, dripping with sweat. At times, I questioned my decision to wear a form fitting tank and thick denim skirt! The rest of the afternoon was spent running errands, getting a massage (yes, Adam is back :) ), and then taking an afternoon nap. We also have a bit of aftermath from the garage sale that will require us to put a few things away...but aside from that, I am going to call this a productive weekend. Speaking of the garage sale, we made a whoppin' $150. Certainly not worth the effort put forth...so this maybe our last one - unless we move and need to get rid of a bunch of furniture.




Today is a work from home day, so I'll be lounging in my favorite PJ shorts. I bought these in Vegas last Christmas from a store called David and Goliath. They say "Rock is Dead, Long Live Paper and Scissors." Too funny!




Work is starting to get a bit hectic as I have multiple projects going on at the same time - and sprinkled within the next couple of months - 2 short vacations. I am hoping I can survive the rest of the summer and actually pull all of this off. We shall see!




I filled my friend, Nikki, in on my shopping challenge this morning as she was wondering why I was indicating that I cannot shop when we all get together in New York. That will certainly be the greatest challenge...because not only will I be around a ton of great stores, I'll also be around 3 other women who are going to be in shopping mode! I did succumb to a bit of shopping curiosity Saturday afternoon as I had some time to kill and therefore started to look at prices of Christian Louboutin shoes and Louis Vuitton bags. I still want that token item that my friend Soni refers to as the "bitch bag" or "bitch shoes" that you splurge on and buy for yourself to say to the world "I've arrived." I'm still not sure if I will wait until this challenge is over, or perhaps allow myself to buy it on my 6-month mark of this challenge - which, incidentally, is when I'll be in Vegas...what better place to make the purchase than the city that has every high-end store you could imagine within a 1 mile radius? We shall see!

No comments:

Post a Comment