Monday, April 26, 2010

Week 12, Days 1 & 2 - Chillin' & Travelin'









Week 12, Day 1 - lounging around - so PJ's



Week 12, Day 2 - Ann Taylor Loft sage top, BR chinos, BR black wedges - it's spring time!






Yesterday was recovery from Saturday night's hurrah - so it involved sleeping in, breakfast to send off the out-of-town guests, and then getting a good-sized nap to recover from the past 3 weeks of what seems like a whirlwind of activity. I've heard that you can actually "bank" sleep hours or recover them from days of deprivation...hmmm, not sure I buy it, but who knows?






I'm once again on another week of travel (hence the more casual clothing) - Detroit to Columbus to Des Moines and back to Detroit. I decided to once again challenge my packing skills and pack for the whole week in my smallest carry-on...now that the weather is a bit warmer, it's a little easier to get 5 outfits into the bag...so I likely won't need to repeat as much as I did a few weeks ago...that and the fact that I don't need to wear any suits for this trip. I'm posting this blog from my hotel bed (yay wireless!) and stumbled across a nice amenity that I've never seen before. At the Crowne Plaza in Columbus, there is a little satchel filled with earplugs, and eye mask, and lavender spray for your pillow. Niiiiice! Or, maybe not so nice if the walls are as thin as paper...which they almost always are at these large convention hotels. Aside from a potential trip to Boston, that should be it travel-wise until BELGIUM!






Mike and I started planning for our European trip yesterday and I'm starting to get really excited for it. Back in February when we decided to go, I was worried about whether I'd be able to hold up with this challenge...but now that I'm almost 3 months into it, I do think I can actually resist! Unless there is some designer article of clothing that I won't be able to get anywhere else in the world, I do think I'll be able to say no! We fly into Amsterdam, head to Ghent (Belgium), spend 2 days there for a conference, then head into Cologne (Germany) for some wine tasting, and then back to Amsterdam to finish out our last couple of days. I CAN'T WAIT! And, in lieu of spending loads of money on must have clothes...I'll instead buy a ton of chocolate to bring back for everyone...oh, and stuff my face with good food. I promise to post on a more regular basis while there as the scenery will likely be a good backdrop for my daily pictures :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Lilly - just a reminder that chocolate is for sharing ;-)

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete