Saturday, May 1, 2010

Week 12, Day 6 - Relaxed Weekend




Week 12, Day 6 Outfit: BR v-neck short sleeved black tee, Express cropped grey plaid pants with sage ribbon tie, BR black denim wedges (Squirt the cat making an appearance)


I've spent most of the day today trying to catch up on zzz's I was unable to catch last night due to a cup of coffee I drank yesterday morning. Now that I've given up coffee, just even a cup makes me so wired! So, I've now taken about 3 naps - drifting in and out of sleep, only to be disturbed to eat...ahhh, nice day!


Tonight we head up north to hang out with our friends Dennis and Linnelle, a couple we fortuitously met in Santa Barbara about 3 summers ago. Mike and I were wine tasting and kept running into this couple. We all ended up at a wine tasting bar and recognized each other, so we started talking and discovered that Den & Lin live in Livonia MI - only about an hour away from us in Toledo. So we exchanged information, were invited to their Memorial Day party, and the rest is history! We now meet up with them on at least a bi-monthly basis (once in Vegas, once in Chicago), and have a great deal of fun with them each time! So, my attire today is casual since we're just grilling out at their place. I also wanted to take advantage of the spring weather, so I'm showing a little more skin :)


In yoga this morning, I let another person in on the fact that I've given up shopping for a year, and got the same "wow, I don't think I could do that...but I wonder if I too have that many clothes where I could go a year without repeating my wardrobe" reaction. So I encouraged her to just try not shopping for a month and see where it goes. It's kind of nice to empower others to do the same thing. We'll see if I can even last a year!

No comments:

Post a Comment